Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

ROUND TWO: quarterfinals!


After some furious voting (mostly on the part of my family members and Walter's parents), the results are listed below. A couple of surprises:

1) Y'all failed to recognize the inherent greatness of the Spear of Destiny. Noah Wyle and I are ashamed of you.

2) Claudia got trounced, first by the Coliseum, and then by a latte. Depressing. I thought that she would face no opposition in a group with a latte and a rather innocuous picture of the Knights Templar temple, but I was wrong.

3) I had to choose between Walter and Mussolini in Group Five; the results of that terrible choice are below.

4) The only clear loser was the French; of the nine pictures in the game from France, only one advanced to the quarterfinals. The sole survivor was a stained glass window in the Notre Dame, whose Frenchness is not immediately obvious, and so this may have been the only reason why it moved on. The French might as well say 'J'surrender' and throw in the towel, since I doubt that the stained glass window will win it all given the stiff competition.

Since I'm going to Sri Lanka, voting will not close until Sunday at noon Pacific time. That gives you three days to make some important decisions about the quarterfinals!!

(and if you care about my day, as usual, my 'real' post is below today's set of pictures--have a great weekend!)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just realized voting is closed, I was under the impression it was Monday at noon. Too bad I never learned how to read good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home