Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

i know we're cool


I should be in bed, since I have to get up in five hours, but the eve of vacation is always a time to stay up late and do all those things you should have done during the week. This was even more imperative since I just got back from my last vacation four days ago. So, I ate dinner, packed, talked to my parents, played on the internet, cleaned my room (in the 'put away all my clothes' sense, not the 'dusting and making the bed' sense, since I have servants for such menial tasks), and watched 'Rockstar: INXS'. Terrible show, but extremely funny. Some of you may be amused to note that my infamously bad taste is making its presence felt in the office; someone was amazed to discover that I have 'Why Are You So Quiet' by Aquagen on my iTunes. I suggested that they listen to 'Party Alarm' for an even better experience, but as far as I know they haven't taken me up on that offer.

Sri Lanka will be great fun, I hope. We're stopping at a Hindu temple on the way to the airport tomorrow morning, which is why we're leaving at seven rather than eight. It should be good, since tomorrow is Krishna's birthday, which is why we are getting Friday off in the first place. Hopefully that will be the only cultural thing that I do on this vacation; I intend to spend the rest of time getting a horrible sunburn whilst eating beef and bathing in the gorgeous Indian Ocean. I will probably not eat beef and swim at the same time, since that seems like a good way to encourage a shark attack. As much as I have dreamed of getting the Black Death, death by shark has never been high on my list of priorities.

Okay, it's time to tally the votes for the first round of the picture game, and then it's time for bed! Have a great weekend, everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home