Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

GROUP FIVE vs. GROUP SIX



the requisite world war ii reference: italian monument known as 'mussolini's typewriter' because the black-clad fascists used to march up and down the steps (rome)



some dude dressed up as a roman soldier to take pictures with tourists, smoking and using his cellphone (rome)


In an unfortunate twist of fate, I was forced to break a tie between Mussolini's typewriter and Walter/Abe Lincoln. Both of Walter parents, as well as my mother and brother, voted for Walter, while my father, my sister, Shedletsky, and Jasmine voted for Mussolini's typewriter. Choosing between Walter and Mussolini was no easy task. However, a win for Walter would likely result in a Walter-vs-Walter final round, given the strong voting bloc of Walter's parents. And how could I deny the fascists, given my university background? As Lincoln himself said, 'a house divided cannot stand'--and so I had to vote for Mussolini. Walter, forgive me. As for the Roman soldier, there was no contest there.

10 Comments:

  • At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do you think Walter is embarrassed by his weird parents? Do you think his father cares? I vote anachronistic roman.

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Although I voted for the smoker dude last time, I think I will have to go with mussolini's typewriter. If it can beat out Walter, it has to be good.

     
  • At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well Sister dear you made this one very difficult as well as the Walter vs. latte. Hmmm...I guess I have to go with Mussolini's typewriter since that is what the little ones are telling me to vote for.

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Abstain. Bad choices all the way around.

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I vote for Walter in the Roman soldier costume. Do your parents know you smoke?

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Vote for Mussolini. Nice job taking a photo in the dark.

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dang, this one is really hard. Mussolini's typewriter is cool.. but so is the centurion with the cell phone. Hmmm... I vote for Mussolini's typewriter - it's such a nifty picture.

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mussolini's typewriter is a wonderful photo, but the smoking Roman soldier has to fit into the plot line of a romance novel somewhere. Voting the metal head.

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger ~Wamp said…

    Mussolini's typewriter is an amazing shot that could go all the way. By the way, I took two bottles of Italian syrup from home that were yours. I will return them if you don’t want me to use them up.

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Can Sar said…

    Typewriter

     

Post a Comment

<< Home