Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

so happy together


I did nothing today but eat--I awoke at nine to the sound of my cellphone, and Vidya's voice telling me that she was still up for brunch. I met her at ten, we had a leisurely breakfast, and I arrived at the office around noon--and hour before the lunch that I had schedule with Gyre and Lizzie. Having two meals in four hours was completely unnecessary, and it made me sleepy, so I came home at four. I intended to spend the evening napping and doing nothing, but a call from Tammy led to an impromptu dinner at Tamarine with her and Claudia. I was home by nine, we sat around watching TV for awhile, and then Claude and I watched 'Kill Bill 2'. It's funny that the scene where the Bride kills Bill always makes me cry, and tonight was no exception. Now it's one a.m., and hopefully I can sleep since I didn't take a nap all day.

I can't believe that I've only been home for three days--it feels like it's been so much longer, almost like I never left. I need to unpack so that it becomes more solid; my belongings are strewn everywhere, and it's only going to get worse when my three huge boxes of stuff arrive. I also need to start throwing away/donating stuff, since I was embarrassed by the sheer amount of stuff I had in my suitcases in Sri Lanka, and those suitcases were the merest fraction of the amount of possessions I've acquired (and kept) in California. I had to repack my bags in the Colombo airport and switch six kilos into my backpack, and at that point I definitely wished that I had less stuff. I don't think a minimalist lifestyle is for me, but at the same time I very much admire minimalist design, so I may have to make some concessions if I'm going to achieve the look that I want in future homes. Now, though, it's time for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home