Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Friday, October 21, 2005

plagues and sand


I'm still in Sri Lanka, currently at some resort, but Matt and I are switching hotels tomorrow because of a strange plague of flies. Long story, but suffice it to say that the last two nights of my vacation will be spent at the same place where we met Regina and Rohit for dinner on our last trip to Sri Lanka--it's beautiful, with awesome food and a great beach, so we're both happy about this change. Then, on Monday we leave Sri Lanka at midnight for Singapore, and the longest Tuesday of my life will commence. I'll have four hours on the plane (but six on paper due to timezones), then eleven hours in Singapore, then another twelve or fourteen hours on planes, and I'll still get into San Francisco at 7:30pm on the same Tuesday, leaving me with four and a half hours with my friends in California. Crazy!

I'll update on the whole experience later, but now I'm headed for the beach. For those of you in California, I'll see you soon!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh sara, you are almost home. i've missed you here in the us... & i hope to bother you about hydrabad soon!
    much love,
    ritu

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    California Dreamin?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home