Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

last post from hyderabad


It's truly the end of an era. However, for those of you who were wondering whether I've changed dramatically during my time in India--the fact that I had to pack after my going-away party ended, and just finished after three a.m., should indicate that I haven't mended my ridiculous ways. I had some fantastic help and moral support from Arod and Alaska Matt (to differentiate him from Irish Matt), otherwise I would probably still be packing. Here's to hoping that all of my stuff will make it home!

Today was ridiculously busy, and also rather bittersweet. I ran errands, and Matt and I had lunch with Jogi--I worked more closely with her than with anyone else in the office, and so saying goodbye was hard. We had a 'quiet' evening in tonight, rather than going out; we ordered food from Angeethi, the staff did a great job of decorating the apartment, and almost everyone was able to attend. The apartment is a *disaster* now, mostly because a couple of the staff gave me and Matt flower garlands to wear; I left mine on most of the night and so shed a lot of pink flower petals all over the floor. We also watched two episodes of 'Lost' before I finished packing, and now I should sleep. I have many things to say about this experience, but I'm going to let it sink in for a few days before saying anything. It's just impossible to believe that I will be flying out of Hyderabad in six and a half hours. So, I won't think of it, and instead will spend one last night in abbreviated (but blissful) slumber. I will try to post occasionally from Sri Lanka--and then I'll be home on the 25th!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home