Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

all you see is where else you can be when you're at home


It's too bad there isn't someone here who can convince me not to be stupid. After spending the usual amount of time at work, Arod and I ran errands (Qmart, Himalaya Bookstore, and Mebaz). I failed to find a Sri Lanka guidebook, but I did buy another formal Indian outfit; it's getting stitched now, and perhaps I'll take pictures when I pick it up on Friday. Then, we met some people at Fusion 9...they were intending to watch 'Lost' on the plasma-screen tv in the bakery below the restaurant (weird, eh?), but because we showed up late, they ended up hanging out with us while we ate, and they didn't watch 'Lost' until they got home later. However, Arod, Matt and I stayed at Fusion 9 and had drinks until 11:30, when Matt went to the airport to pick up a new expat. I came home with the intention of going to bed (since I had had five cocktails, including the bartender's own special drink), but instead hung out in the apartment downstairs. We watched the amazing fight scene between Brad Pitt and Hector Bana in 'Troy', talked about work, and generally had an amusing time. Then I got to meet the new expat, and I stayed up until a few minutes ago talking to him and Matt. Now it's four in the morning. Sigh.

Granted, I have tomorrow off, which rocks, but I'm also going to Golconda Fort tomorrow morning at 10am. True to form, the moment I know that I can sleep in, I ruin the benefits of it by staying up later. Silly, silly Sara. But, I am two weeks and four hours away from landing in California! I can't feel too bad about my current sleepnessness; Sri Lanka will be very relaxing, and I'm unbelievably close to seeing my friends again. Perhaps I shall tell you stories tomorrow, but now I desperately need to close my eyes and dream of forts, formal outfits, cosmopolitans, and perhaps the end of the world (apocalypse dreams are my fave). Goodnight!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am assuming you must be feeling better. The oldest little one hoped you like the email pic.?. Have fun relaxing before coming home and remember once in CA be careful driving it has been awhile..lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home