Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Friday, October 14, 2005

my heart goes mmmmmmm


Today was hard. It wasn't made easier by the fact that I went to bed at four and still made it into the office by ten. I had some remaining meetings, and I somehow got suckered into doing a training that I used to give but had passed off two months ago--it was funny that I spent one of my last half-hours in the office doing a training that I hadn't prepped for, so I hope that I didn't blight the skillset of a generation of young workers. I said goodbye to a lot of people, but didn't feel like I really had time to do anything or talk to anyone, and suddenly my last day in the office was over. I came home and took a nap in order to stem the rising tide of nostalgia, but it didn't work; however, Ranjit's big plate of mixed-noodle 'spaghetti' did help to excite me about the States just a little bit. Around nine, some of us went over to Maya's and hung out, but I'm exhausted and so took the first car back at midnight.

I think that the Sri Lanka trip will be perfect because it will allow me to mourn this place a little bit before I go home--and then, when I get home, I'll be so excited to see everyone that I hope that intense high of seeing my friends again will help to alleviate the pain of parting. And if it doesn't--well, I can always drag some of my friends to Sue's Indian Kitchen, which makes me laugh because the name Sue seems like such an anomaly, and it's even more of an anomaly that the walls are covered in paintings that are signed by 'Sue'. Good times. Now that I have dreams of Sue's Indian Kitchen in my head, it's time to sleep!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Hugs for having your last day at the office - have such a fun time in Sri Lanka and it will be nice to have you back in the States (though I have an inkling that you will be as busy here as you were there!!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home