Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

there has never been anyone like you for me


I'm super psyched about the weekend. Regina, Rohit, Arod, the Matts, and I are leaving for Bombay (aka Mumbai) straight after work, and we're spending the weekend shopping, eating, shopping, drinking, shopping, dancing, and shopping. There's a small kink in our plans since it turns out that this Saturday is a dry day in Mumbai, but I'm sure we can persevere (or stock up in advance). We're coming back to Hyderabad and going straight to a party that requires fancy Indian dress. I'm taking my blue lehnga (which featured in some pictures in June or July) with me so that I can change into in Sunday night, but we're also going shopping for more fancy outfits and then planning on forcing the tailor to make them in a day. The blue lehnga is backup, but I'd like to get another outfit in preparation for my Indian friends' weddings.

Tonight was great fun; six of us were at work until 9:30 for various conference calls, and so we came home and opened a couple of bottles of wine and watched the tape of Regina and Rohit's wedding. Yes, that's a strange way to spend a Thursday night. But, their wedding was lovely and it was great to see that part of their lives--it's really easy to forget that the expats have any life other than the life we are sharing right now, and it's good to get some perspective on life outside the Jayabheri bubble. We hung out talking until 12:30 or so, and now I desperately need some sleep. I don't expect to sleep in Mumbai, and by the time I get back I will have less than a week left in Hyderabad. I didn't know whether to follow that with a sad or happy emoticon, so I'll leave it to your imagination and preference. Goodnight, everyone!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    how far were you from the giant earthquake??

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i've been reading this post for three days...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home