Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

ROUND FOUR: finals!!


The semifinals were completely lackluster; the Arno proved to be absolutely no competition for the might of Walter, while Mussolini easily overcame St. Mark's Basilica. I hope that the match-up of Walter vs. Mussolini will be more exciting. Voting will last for two days, and closes Thursday at 9:30pm Hyderabad time (Thursday at 9:00am California time, 11:00am Iowa, 12:00pm Eastern). Vote early to ensure that your vote counts!

As usual, my description of my day is below this round of pictures (or will be in a minute, after I have written it).

2 Comments:

  • At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sara!
    made an 18-hour exodus to austin....should have taken 8 hours but the 1.2 million refugees slowed my progress. think my district of the city escaped unscathed, the university included. no school until at least sept. 9 b/c of the lack of electricity and rats boating the streets in little pirogues...at least that hasn't changed! my email account with tulane is disabled right now as is my cell phone, so have dropped off the radar for a bit. will regale you with tales of the subway [sandwiches, not a metro station] located in a lean-to next to a strip club and the *interesting* locals i encountered along the way. texas is nice---have not seen a hurricane-driven scarlet ibis yet so am calling it good. more in maybe a week?
    love, katie

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    why isn't gmail working???????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home