Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

i won't be held responsible...she fell in love in the first place


I slept eleven hours last night, and woke up feeling marginally better than yesterday, although my voice was almost gone. I went into the office around noon because I had a meeting at two that I couldn't reschedule. However, the trip to the office exhausted me; I may not be at peak human fitness levels, but I definitely don't start sweating just from walking to the elevator at work, which indicates that my fever is still going. When I got there, people told me I looked as pink as my shirt; by the time I left at three, they told me I was deathly pale. The brutal honesty of Hyderabadis is rather difficult to withstand, especially when one isn't feeling well, since they definitely don't let you forget when you look awful.

But illness notwithstanding, I'm still going to London! Jet Airways reports that their schedule is back to normal, so it looks like I'll make it after all, if I'm able to pack and get everything done that I need to accomplish first. Walter's meeting me in London on Friday, which is going to be super-fun; I haven't seen him since January, so it should be a great weekend.

Okay, I'm sorry that the blog has just been a diary of my illness for the past few days--I'm turning into my Gram Holder. And yes, for those of you who believe that I'm a hick, I call my grandmothers 'Gram'. You'll just have to get over it. Now, it's time for bed, and hopefully I'll stop feeling all weird and lightheaded before I get on the plane, or it could be quite an interesting trip.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "i won't be held responsible...runaway runaway"

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "now he's gilt stricken sobbing with his head on the floor"

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    gilt - a female pig that has never given birth.

    guilt - what you feel when your girlfriend takes a handful of valium and ends up dead.

    Not really old, dumb, and uneducated...just can't spell for ....

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Q: Romance Navel?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home