Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Monday, August 01, 2005

first you need (that's what you get for falling in love)...then you bleed (you get a little but it's never enough)


If you figure out what song the title is from, I will send you some sketchy pharmaceuticals from India.

I came home early from work today. I toughed it out until around three, when two things happened almost simultaneously: Arod IM'd me to tell me to go home because she could hear me coughing from her desk, and I sneezed uncontrollably and blew snot all over my hand. Gross, eh? That's when I knew that it was time to give up. So I came home, but had to hang out downstairs for awhile because Narseema was cleaning my room; I got driven upstairs when the kids showed up pounding on the door and hitting each other while screaming as loudly as possible. I tried to sleep, but wasn't able to, so I laid around and read a book, tried to sleep some more, and generally felt like a failure. It's Lauren's birthday today, so I put in an appearance at her birthday party, but I spent most of my time being quiet and trying not to cough. Fun times!

I called Jet Airways, since most flights in and out of Bombay are currently cancelled, but they confirmed my seat for the flights on Friday, so I'm maintaining hope. As long as they don't get another apocalyptic flood, I will hopefully make it to Europe. Then, the fun can ensue in earnest!

I really have to go to work tomorrow, since if I'm going on vacation, I have too much to do to spend time sitting around in my apartment. I think I'm going to take the extreme step of popping an Ambien, since I haven't slept more than two hours straight in the past three nights and the tiredness is taking its toll. But, if all goes well, I will be in London four nights from now!

5 Comments:

  • At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you figure out what song the title is from, I will send you some sketchy pharmaceuticals from India.

    Sara this is simply too easy with the power of the web and google. A quick search says the title is from Bad Medicine by Bon Jovi.

    So what sort of sketchy pharmaceuticals did you have in mind? Don't send anything illegal :-)

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    P.S. Get well soon and have fun in Europe!!!

     
  • At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Patrick must really want those funky Indian drugs.

     
  • At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What's the deal with that, Patrick?

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I knew the name of the song but unlike others... 1) I did not have to search the web or anywhere else...2) I did not want the sketchy drugs from India. Guess I knew cause the hubby and I listened to Bon Jovi all the time many moons ago..


    Sara hope you get to feeling better soon and have a good time in Europe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home