Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Friday, July 22, 2005

the world serves its own needs, listen to your heartbeat


I went to work today, even though my stomach will probably not be better until I stop being stressed (i.e. when I go on vacation). I had dinner with Lauren and the Matts at Touch, the extremely amusing restaurant/lounge with the funny white drapes and modern furniture. I took some pictures, and so I will post one tomorrow, perhaps. Dinner was v. tasty; I had bruschetta, and Greek salad, and spaghetti with a cream sauce, and a chocolate brownie for dessert. I also had a cosmopolitan (always my downfall) and some blue drink that contained blue curacao. Dinner was entertaining, partially because I allowed my imagination free rein and ended up envisioning me and Lauren personifying two different Indian mafia members (named after our favorite Indian dishes, murgh makhni and subz miloni respectively) engaged in a driveby autorickshaw shootout. I'm still friends with everyone involved, and so my imagination hasn't scared them away yet. Yay.

After dinner, the Matts and I watched 'Sin City'; I'd seen it in California before coming here, and I was quite happy to watch it again. This was a slightly illicit copy (quite possibly filmed in the cinema) and so there were no special features, but the quality was surprisingly good. I split a bottle of wine with one of the Matts, which was nice, and after the movie was over we sat around and talked about work, Hyderabad, the future, etc. It is quite refreshing to stay up until three a.m. socializing rather than working, and so I'm very happy that this happened.

I'm falling asleep while writing this, so it's time for bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home