Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

i get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine


My stomach has been hurting for days and I've ranged from vaguely to extremely nauseous. This morning I came to the realization that a) it cannot be food poisoning if it has lasted for so long, and b) I won't get better by going to work on five hours of sleep and subsisting on poptarts and Diet Coke. So, I stayed home, popped some Cipro, ate some toast, and had a generally queasy, un-fun day. I wouldn't have gotten anything done at work anyway, since I felt miserable and probably would have had the same near-fainting episode that I had yesterday; but I still felt the creeping sense of guilt that I always have when I'm not deathly ill. It's like I can't accept that there is anything that should keep me from working 10-14 hours, and that a long-lasting stomachache should not affect me. So in response to yesterday's post, I can say that there was nothing today to keep me in the game. Sad.

I really have nothing to report, other than surprise that another week has passed so quickly. I've been here three full months, which means that my time here is halfway complete. Shocking. I think I'll go to bed rather than writing another novella, since sleep is probably the best cure that I could seek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home