Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

tell me i'm the only one, tell me there's no other one


I shall not write for long because it's already after one a.m. I was stupid and came home by seven, and then dinner wasn't ready until eight, and then I didn't start working again until ten, and so I didn't get everything done that absolutely *had* to be done until about three minutes ago. My to-do list is typically extremely long and has stars beside everything that really needs to get done; now, it's gotten to the point where there are too many stars, and so I've started making big, scary boxes over the stars to highlight the things that really should have been done yesterday. There were eleven things on my list with boxes when I came home, and I did four of them, leaving seven for tomorrow. Then I can move on to the starred things, and maybe after that start the rest of the list; but the stars will very soon graduate to boxes, and so the process continues unabated.

But, vacation is coming in two and a half weeks! My time here is absolutely flying by. I've already been here three months, and I really do think that I've accomplished a lot in that relatively short amount of time. Perhaps what I have accomplished is to decrease my own life expectancy, but I would like to believe that I have done some good things work-wise. I have probably done some damage to my relationships, since I am a lazy correspondent and usually can't talk for long on IM since I'm at work when I'm online, but I hope that they will recover during the 'reverse month of fun' that I have planned for my return. Before I left for India, I had a 'month of fun' in which I packed in all of the activities that I would have done over the summer (terrible movies, beach barbecues, clubbing, dinners, tea parties, lots of dim sum, etc.). When I come back from India, I'm going to have a reverse month of fun to reintroduce myself into my social circles; rather than April, when everything slowly built up and culminated in a great series of parties, November will begin with a great party and slowly die as people lose interest in welcoming me back, so that by Thanksgiving I will once again be complacently watching VH1 and the History Channel with my roommates. Yay.

I think my air conditioner is fixed; it's not leaking, which is great news. I don't expect it to stay fixed, but if I can sleep tonight with cool air and without the sound of water dripping into a bucket, I will be a very happy camper. But this is all you shall get out of me tonight; I absolutely must go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home