Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Monday, September 26, 2005

burn it down 'til the embers smoke on the ground, and start anew when your heart is an empty room


My flight today was delayed by about 45 minutes, so I didn't get back to my apartment until ten p.m. Surprisingly, there were a lot of people still hanging out in my apartment--some of them live there, some of them were just finishing dinner, and some of them were loitering in hopes of hearing about my experience in the spa in Delhi (see below). I hung out with Arod, Regina, Rohit, and Neel until 12:30, which was a little ridiculous since I need to go to work early and get caught up on emails and things. But, it was nice to hang out a bit before going to bed, even if telling the whole breast-massage thing out loud seems a little awkward.

I did a bit of sightseeing and shopping in Delhi today; I saw a tomb that my driver thought was Humayan's Tomb, and then I saw the real Humayan's tomb, and then I went shopping in Khan Market (home to a lot of booksellers, which explains why my bag was so much heavier on the way back to Hyderabad today) and at the Cottage Industries Emporium. I tried to go to the Bahai lotus temple, but alas it is closed on Mondays. I didn't do as much shopping as Delhi deserved, but I did as much shopping as I had the appetite for, so things worked out v. nicely. I also ate at McDonalds--the service was so much better than the service in most (all) restaurants in India, and the french fries and icy Coke were as good as they are in America. Yay.

I will post pictures tomorrow, but for now it's time for bed; I just wanted to let y'all know that I'm alive and that the sushi did not incapacitate me.

Oh, and if you took my advice and downloaded Death Cab for Cutie's 'I Will Follow You Into the Dark' and liked the song, or if you didn't follow my advice but are looking for new music, purchase the entire album. It's called 'Plans', and it has been on constant repeat on my iTunes for a couple of weeks now. That's where most of the title lines (such as the one above) have come from, since I'm not listening to anything else. While 'I Will Follow You Into the Dark' is still my favorite song (I've listened to it 89 since downloading it, not counting however many times I've listened to it on my iPod), I am becoming increasingly infatuated with 'What Sarah Said,' 'Your Heart is an Empty Room', 'Someday You Will Be Loved', and 'Brothers on a Hotel Bed'. It is well-worth the purchase, even though it is neither techno nor angry poprock. Goodnight, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home