Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

no man could test me, impress me, my cash flow would never ever end


Today was rather fruitless; amongst the work and the jetlag, we were trying to finalize our upcoming three-day-weekend trip, but we failed miserably. We were unable to get tickets to Dubai, and so spent the rest of the day trying to find tickets to Sri Lanka. This basically just involves making repeated phone calls to travel agents, since India is not so supportive of instant online booking. By this evening, we had the possibility of three tickets to Sri Lanka, but Arod said that she couldn't miss a few hours of work Monday morning (since we couldn't come back Sunday night as desired). So now the options are either a) ditching Arod (which is both unwelcome and unfortunate, since she was the one calling the travel agents), b) doing it all over again tomorrow, this time in an attempt to go to Chennai (aka Madras) or somewhere else in India, or c) going nowhere and drinking Old Monk by the pool all weekend instead. At this point, option c is almost appealing, since I'm still tired from my Europe trip and could use some time to relax. But as it would be more fun to relax on the beach than it would be to relax in our apartment complex, I sincerely hope that we resolve all of this tomorrow.

I had a conference call tonight at 9:30, and so after that I wanted another break, which means that I hung out downstairs for an hour rather than going to bed early like I had intended. Then I sat around looking for places to go before tossing in the towel in disgust. Now, I really need to go to bed, since I have tons to do tomorrow.

All that being said, India continues to entertain; my air conditioner wasn't working when I left, and so as though to make up for the previous inconvenience, they keep resetting my air conditioner thermostat to 17 degrees Celsius. That's 62.6 degrees Fahrenheit, and ridiculously cold. Luckily my room has warmed up now, so I can actually sleep without getting hypothermia. Also, one of the walls by the staircase has developed a nasty case of mold, and the rats are back downstairs (Saamra and Arod reported sighting one while making mac and cheese the other night). On that pleasant note, it's off to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home