Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Monday, August 22, 2005

you're so unbelievable


Going back to work is amazingly difficult after a two-week vacation. I didn't get much done, since I had upwards of six hundred emails waiting for me to look at; most of them were completely unnecessary, but there were many that I couldn't skip without at least skimming. But, it's good to be back in India--the whole city smelled like sewage or something today, the chicken at dinner was dry and tough, and things were generally normal. I enjoyed every minute of it, and discovered that I was in a genuinely good mood the entire day, which isn't usually the case when one has just had a fabulous vacation and has to return to work. Hopefully this high lasts at least three more days, and then it's time for a long weekend--three of us were going to go to Dubai, but we can't get tickets, so unless something fortuitous happens, we may go to Sri Lanka instead. We shall see, but it's great fun to think about getting back on a plane Thursday night when I just got back thirty hours ago.

I know that this post is disobligingly short, but I am rather tired, and so I suppose I should go to bed. I need to plan out the rest of my time here, since it will involve a significant amount of travel; I need to see the Taj Mahal and Fatehpur Sikri, and if possible I would also like to go to Ajanta, Rajasthan, and Goa, as well as see the remaining things in Hyderabad that I haven't made it to yet. I'd also like to see Vishal in his natural habitat (Bombay), since I think that would be hysterical. But I only have eight weekends between now and when I have to leave the country, which leave v. little time, especially since I have shopping and packing to do, as well as the insane amounts of work that brought me here in the first place. If I'm going to do all that travelling, I should really get some sleep and let my blisters heal before I run wildly about the Indian subcontinent. Goodnight!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So you are really coming back?

    Guess I owe Tammy $50.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home