Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

it's a false sense of accomplishment every time i quit


Today was pretty much completely uneventful. I slept late, had French toast for breakfast, then sat around waiting for my roommates to shower. We went shoe-shopping briefly, and I picked up an adorable pair of sandals; at this rate, I'm picking up one pair of shoes every two weeks, which outstrips even my relatively rapacious acquisitions in the States, and means I'll come home with about fifteen new pairs of shoes if I continue at my current pace. However, given the fact that I paid about $15 for this pair of shoes and I estimate that they would have cost $70 or $80 for a similar pair at Nordstrom or Nine West, I can't feel too guilty.

After shoe-shopping, we went to Coffee Day, which is the Indian equivalent of Starbucks, with the added benefit of having hookah on the menu. You can apparently buy hookah and have a hookah pipe at your table for half an hour, which is strange to say the least. We refrained from the hookah, and instead had a couple of coffee drinks each while pop music (such as Britney Spears' 'I'm a Slave 4 U') blasted on the speakers. At some point they switched to techno, which made the place seem like a club without the darkness or the dancing. I worked on my romance novel for a bit, but I didn't finish the chapter that I'm working on; however, I've passed the 20,000-word mark, which is pretty good.

After Coffee Day, I came home and took a nap; we sat outside for the first hour or so, which was rather draining since it was in the height of the afternoon heat. Several other people were going to watch the office cricket match, and I was supposed to meet them for dinner after. When I got to the restaurant, they had decided to go to Mainland China instead because there was a 20-minute wait at Chutneys; but when we got to Mainland China, the wait was going to be at least 45 minutes. We ended up ordering takeout from Mainland China (which took over half an hour to be finished, since the place was a zoo)--and it's a good thing we did, since by the time we got our takeout, the people who had gotten there before us still hadn't been seated. We brought the takeout home and ate in my apartment; so, it was a completely futile mission for me, since I could have gotten the takeout without even leaving my apartment, but whatever.

So, Saturday was completely relaxing. Tomorrow will hopefully be relaxing as well--and then it's time to get down to some serious work to make up for the stuff that I fell behind on while I was out of the office off and on this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home