Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

it's all for you...just stop breaking my heart


I did make it to brunch today, and despite the high probability that I would succumb to digestive distress, I did not experience any adverse effects from my weekend of culinary risk-taking. I celebrated by having a pizza at the Taj Krishna, followed by a whole lot of nothin'. I had intended to go to Coffee Day and work on my romance novel; I had also intended to sit down and do several hours' worth of work so that tomorrow would be more bearable. Instead, I did a load of laundry, fell asleep on the swing in the living room while waiting for my laundry to finish, and then laid on my bed and surfed the internet until dinnertime. For dinner, I went to Angeethi, our favorite Indian restaurant; they have delicious garlic naan, and I am in love with murgh makhni (a super-tasty chicken dish). On the way home, I lost two key points in my war to prove that I am not a hick when I revealed that my brother can fit thirteen quarters in his belly-button and that my grandparents owned a feed/seed store. They all agreed that the quarter thing alone did not necessarily mean that my brother was a hick, but when combined with the rest of my life story, it certainly did not help. Oh well, if being a hick means that I enjoy tasty rare steaks and like listening to stories about my dad shooting things in the backyard, then I guess I'm a hick--and my life is more entertaining as a result.

This week promises to be hellish, since it's the end of the month and so all sorts of things have to get done. But, I'm actively planning future trips; I may get to go to Thailand with some people in either July or September, and I intend to go to Delhi and Goa as well. I'm betting that my mother will un-ground me before any of those trips happen; otherwise, I may have to go to Thailand in a rowboat with six random dudes. It would certainly make for a great story! Since I'm a huge fan of turning absurd and uncomfortable situations into great stories, perhaps a rowboat trip across the Indian Ocean is exactly what I need.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Maybe all that Indian food eating is building up your tolerance!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home