Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

waiting for the moon to come and lock me up inside


I managed to spend only nine and a half hours at the office today, although I did have a conference call from 9:30 to 10:30pm that counts as work as well. However, I got to go out on another team dinner this week; since I'm not officially part of any set team, I apparently get to go on all of the bonding activities. Pretty sweet, eh? This dinner was at Cinnabar Redd, an Asian fusion restaurant in Banjara Hills. All of the restaurants seem to be in Banjara Hills; it's across the street from Angeethi, which is where I went on Saturday night, and shares a building with Fusion 9, which is apparently a great Italian place. The food was wonderful, and I had *beef*--they had a beef skewer that we discreetly got a few of, and it was tasty (although definitely no prime rib). We also had the ubiquitous chicken dishes, since it's the one meat accepted by all non-veg cultures (well, mutton is accepted too, but not by the religion of 'I only eat tasty things'). The prawns were good, as always, and the company was very entertaining. I'm glad that I went, although I have quite a bit of work to do and so will have to go into the office very early tomorrow.

The most random thing I saw today (and there are a lot of random things to see here) was while we were driving to the restaurant...I looked out the window and brieflys saw a middle-aged Asian man standing all alone, wearing a tshirt that said 'TEAM'. I haven't seen any other Asians (and by Asian I mean non-subcontinent Asians) here, so that was the first weird thing. It is also rare to be standing anywhere here and not have five hundred other people crowded around you at the same time, so he looked even more like an outcast without anyone nearby. And finally, the fact that his tshirt only said 'team' made absolutely no sense, particularly since his team was nowhere to be found. I think while I'm here, I should try to get some tshirt made that just say 'team', and then foist them off on my friends when I get back to the States.

Okay, enough blogging--you don't get to know anything more about my life until I get some sleep :)

1 Comments:

  • At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    some indian peoples [especially from the easternmost and northernmost parts] look like asians

     

Post a Comment

<< Home