Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

passports, packing, pressure


An entertaining event happened on Friday--I found my now-cancelled passport. Where did I find my passport? In my purse, of course.

Before you think that I'm stupid, I did check my purse (multiple times). However, I did not discover that there was a barely noticeable slit in the seam of the hidden inner pocket, and that the passport had slipped through the hole into the nether reaches of the bag between the lining and the exterior. It had then managed to lie perfectly flat on the bottom of the bag, which just happened to be exactly the right width to permit this occurrence. Every previous time that I had searched the bag, I had not found the slit and had not felt the passport at the bottom of the purse; on Friday, however, as I was emptying out some stuff, I felt the passport shift and immediately figured out what it was. Even knowing it was there, it took me two or three minutes to find the hole in the lining and retrive it.

Now I have one new passport that took two days of effort to procure, and one old, cancelled passport that eluded capture for weeks, only to turn itself in after its time had passed. How sad! At least I found the second passport before the security people found it; that would have been an even more interesting turn of events.

The rest of my weekend was entertaining and relaxing by turns, and I have spent the past few hours packing. I think the packing has gone pretty well, and I'm going to bed even though I feel like I probably have more stuff to do tomorrow than I can probably really get done. However, that's a problem for another day (well, a problem for tomorrow). In 24 hours, I will be in the airport! Scary. Then the real fun can begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home