Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Friday, April 22, 2005

it's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me (in four days)


Hello new blog!

I'm leaving for India in about 3.5 days, and I will have arrived in Hyderabad five days from now. How crazy is that? I had lunch with Sri and Vidya yesterday, and Sri periodically looked at me with a puzzled look on his face, as though he could not even picture me in the city of his forefathers. With such reassuring friends, I cannot help but be excited about my upcoming adventures.

Expect more frequent posts about my travels once my travels have begun; until then, I will be busy packing, seeing friends, having dim sum, and generally racing around until the grand finale of my current life at the airport on Monday night. Perhaps 'finale' isn't the right word; rather, my life show is going on hiatus until October as we explore casting and set changes. That sounds much less final.

But, you'll all be happy to know that I have a new passport and a new visa, so I will be able to leave America. The bureaucracy at the passport agency was surprisingly efficient, and the Indian Consulate exceeded my wildest hopes (it only took half an hour at the consulate to drop off my application, and ten minutes to pick up the completed visa, although I had to wait five hours in between). So as long as I don't lose my passport in the next four days, I'll be good to go.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Please continue to mention me in your blogs.

     
  • At 12:28 AM, Blogger RonLouie said…

    Please add me to your blog. I would like to follow your adventures, as I would like to spend time in India in the future.

     
  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Sara said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home