Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

see you at the bitter end


I'm sad to say that my Indian experience is done, and it is with great pain that I have to bring this blog to a close. I'm not even being sarcastic when I say that; I found that tears unexpectedly sprang to my eyes as I wrote that, although I am much too pseudo-stoic to let them fall. My six months in Hyderabad were a life-shaping experience, and the consequences of my journey are not yet fully realized, least of all by me. I made what I hope will be lifelong friendships, I furthered my career growth (which sounds like a horridly adult thing to say), and I experienced a culture that is magical precisely because it is so inexplicably chaotic.

But, all things come to an end, and this blog is one of those things that must fall into the dust. I mentioned earlier that I would start a new blog; and, as some of you know, I already had a blog from my pre-India life, although I rarely wrote in it while I was in India. To maximize confusion, I decided to start a new blog site, but also to transfer all of my previous blog entries to the new site. Thus, it is both my old blog and a new blog; or, as the hypnotic tailor would say, different and totally different.

All you care about, I suppose, is the URL: swampfest.blogspot.com

It will undoubtedly be less interesting, since I'm not in India, and there will be fewer pictures (sorry to all of you illiterates who don't like wading through my thousand-word posts), but I will probably keep it up with alarming frequency.

Thanks for the memories, India. I'll miss you more than I ever thought possible, even though you failed to give me the bubonic plague.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Good pic in india ! Pliz visit me 2 :)

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger Unbroken hopes said…

    India is a incredible country ... pls visit different parts of the country. Each part have different culture and different languages too... we are unite and happy with the differences 😊

     

Post a Comment

<< Home