Sara Does India

What I want to get in India: silks, spices, the Black Death. What I will probably get in India: food poisoning, heatstroke, too much work. What you probably want from this blog: gory details of interpersonal relationships. What you will probably get from this blog: a candid description of my travels and thoughts, sans (too much) drama.

Friday, May 06, 2005

fun new office fad: mimes!


Nothing exciting happened today; after all, it is hard to top the margaritas and excellent pseudo-Mexican food we had last night, especially if you're trying to top it with ten or eleven hours in the office. However, at the team meeting this afternoon, someone volunteered to perform a mime routine. In the States, most people wouldn't be caught dead performing in front of a group of coworkers without significant amounts of liquid inducement, but this guy was completely sober. He mimed a breaking-and-entering...and the soundtrack to his routing was 'Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go'. That song is much more well-known as the song playing during the infamous 'orange mocha frappuccino' sequence in 'Zoolander', so I was hoping he would mime that, but I was out of luck. He wasn't bad at all, but his routine lasted two minutes longer than the song, and five minutes is really a lot of miming, unfortunately. It brought back fun memories, though, of when I went to TASP in high school; the summer camp was six weeks long, and we were at Kenyon College in Ohio, so it was pretty dead. One of the only other major camps there was a school for mimes, so we had fun making fun of them and ended up seeing their end-of-school mime performance for good measure. I'm not a fan of mimes in general, but the guy's performance was entertaining even if it was weird that he agreed to do it in the first place.

After work, I came home, and had a nice, relaxed dinner w/Heather and Lauren. The cook had made truly excellent spaghetti, and some tasty chicken, and he cut up some mangoes for dessert. We are well and truly spoiled by this whole arrangement; the food is ready when we get home, we can eat as much as we like, and then they clean everything up for us. It's unclear how many people work for us in these apartments; there are two cooks, a supervisor-type who is very friendly, and at least three other guys and one girl. I'm pretty sure there are others, though, especially since I appear to share people with the apartment above me (where most of the cooking happens) and there are a couple of apartments in the next building over that probably have their own staff. Crazy!

This weekend should be nice and relaxing; I'm going shopping tomorrow (for bedding, dangerous), and I have dinner plans Saturday and Sunday. Perhaps I'll get around to reading some real literature, or writing my romance novel, but there's also a good chance that I'll just hang out by the pool. Of course, since it's 100 degrees outside, the pool is always less appealing than you would think it would be. Now, though, I'm going to go to bed early and dream of all the silks I can procure tomorrow...

1 Comments:

  • At 3:33 AM, Blogger GSofficial said…

    I'm just surprised they have pools there. I would have thought that within a day of filling them, they'd be reduced by the terrible sun to piles of chlorine and dirt.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home